Top 10 Reasons I Love Running
Posted by Kevin
on Feb 10, 2012 in Uncategorized
This post is written in response to a giveaway from #RunChat
for two reasons. Firstly this is a nice topic for my blog because some of the items on this list serve as my biggest motivations for running. So perhaps readers can find this as a helpful reminder of what running can bring. Another reason is that the prizes from this giveaway include items from GU Energy
and Road ID
- two companies that
offer products I personally use on a regular basis. Don’t forget to check out the original post by Scott
because there are a few other inspirational lists from other bloggers. So here goes mine:
- Honesty – running essentially boils down to “you get out what you put in“. There’s no shortcut in it.
- Simplicity – almost everyone can run. It’s one of the easiest forms of exercise that doesn’t require extensive knowledge and expertise.
- Challenge – running provides practical, attainable goals for everyone. Small or big, there are literally endless ways to challenge myself in running.
- Clarity – nothing relaxes me yet allows me to focus at the same time like running does. The solidarity aspect in running doubles as meditation session for me from time to time.
- Community – runners are a compassionate breed (at least the ones I’ve gotten to know over the years). I appreciate the camaraderie and companionship found in this group of people.
- Numbers – as a self-proclaimed nerd, I love number crunching. Analyzing statistics and data to see my own improvements and future projection is interesting to me.
- History – As a species we’ve been running for as long as we’ve been around. There are many great runners with inspirational stories that seem to be forgotten too easily.
- Gears – who doesn’t like a new shirt or a new pair of shoes, especially for running? From clothing to electronics, their functionality, design, and technology intrigue me.
- Exploration – there is no better way to get to know an area than on foot. Running knows how to fulfill the little adventurer in me, yearning to see what’s over yonder.
- Runner’s super powers!
What are the 10 things you love about running? Remember to come up with your own list and submit it – maybe you’ll be a winner for this giveaway. Or don’t do it, because I really want to win.